SNOW & ICE REMOVAL REQUIREMENTS
Below are the basic requirements and regulations regarding Snow and Ice Removal:
- Within 24 hours measured from the end of the snow or ice storm, the owners, occupants, or tenants of premises abutting or boarding upon any street in the Township shall remove all snow and ice from the abutting sidewalks of such streets.
- If there is a fire hydrant at the front of the property, it must be cleared and made visible
- If accumulation of snow is 4" or more, all vehicles must be removed from the Township roadways and right of ways to provide easy access for removal.
- Basketball apparatus' or any miscellaneous objects must be removed from curbline
- Do not throw, shovel or place snow into the public street
Please allow for streets to be plowed prior to opening driveway aprons; Burlington Township is not responsible to clear in front of mailboxes.
See below for the full snow removal ordinance, Burlington Township Section 520-13:
Removal of snow; covering of ice.
[Amended 2-22-2011 by Ord. No. 11-OR-001]
A. General rule. Within 24 hours measured from the end of a snow or ice storm, the owner or owners, occupant or occupants, tenant or tenants of premises abutting or boarding upon any street in the Township shall remove all snow and ice from the abutting sidewalks of such streets and from any fire hydrant located on the property.
B. Special rule. In case the building is occupied by more than one family or business unit, then the tenant, or occupant or occupants, of the first floor or story thereof is hereby required to remove all snow and ice from such portion of the sidewalks and from any fire hydrant located on the property.
Reminder to charge all cell phones in case of power outages.
Please contact Public Works at 609-239-5909 with any questions.