October 28, 2023
The Burlington Township Environmental Commission is looking for “Block Captains” for our 22nd Annual Burlington Township Clean Up Day. Once again, we will organize at the neighborhood level all over town and help clean up the trash, paper, recyclables, and other debris that has accumulated in our community.
As a Block Captain, your duties will consist of:
- Recruiting volunteers in your neighborhood
- Track number of volunteers and supply count and t-shirt sizes for your group
- Distribute supplies - trash bags, gloves, and t-shirts to Clean Up Day participants
Register to be a Block Captain here: http://www.twp.burlington.nj.us/content/84/175/2822.aspx
New This Year!
The Twp. of Burlington Clean Communities Program provides funding for community non-profit groups who participate in helping clean our neighborhoods, parks, and public spaces. This is a “win/win” program, our community has litter collected and beautifies our parks and public spaces while your group receives funding for your participation and efforts. We supply the necessary equipment, including gloves, bags, t-shirts, etc.
If your organization has a minimum of 10 members and would like to participate in Burlington Twp.’s “Mini-Grant” Program, please fill out the application clean communities mini grant.doc and submit as instructed. Thank you for your interest in our program.
Post Clean Up Celebration will be held at Green Acres II Park at 12:00!
- Food and drink will be supplied to all Clean Up Day participants
- All will be eligible to win prizes/gift certificates purchased through the NJCC Grant.
Sponsored by the Burlington Township Environmental Commission
Paid for through a Clean Communities Grant from NJDEP