APRIL 21, 2018
10AM UNTIL 12PM
The Burlington Township Environmental Commission is looking for “Block Captains” for our 19th Annual Burlington Township Cleanup Day. Once again, we will organize on the neighborhood level, all over town and help clean up the trash, paper, recyclables and other debris that has accumulated in our neighborhoods.
We are also looking for businesses, civic groups, church groups, and other organizations to volunteer to clean up large areas (for example, Green Acres Park, Sylvan Lake area, along Routes 130 & 541, etc.).
As a block captain, your duties will be:
- Distribute leaflets in your neighborhood asking for volunteers (we will provide leaflets for you).
- “Sign up” the volunteers who respond (name and number of people in family participating for t-shirts and supply count to each location).
- Distribute bags, gloves and t-shirts to participates
T-Shirts for Everyone!
Post Cleanup Celebration at Green Acres Park 12:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- hotdogs & sodas for all participants
- drawing for prizes donated by local merchants & gift certificates
For more information, or to register as a block captain, or to volunteer your group or organization, contact Anthony Trappanese at 609-239-5845 or email Atrappanese@twp.burlington.nj.us
Sponsored by the Burlington Township Environmental Commission
Paid for through a Clean Communities Grant from NJDEP