Core Duties of the Municipal Clerk
- Act as Secretary to the Municipal Corporation and Custodian of the Municipal Seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, and archival records of the Municipal Corporation.
- Prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the Governing Body, be present at all meetings of the Governing Body, keep a journal of the proceedings of every meeting, retain the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting.
- Serve as the Chief Administrative Office in all elections held in the municipality. Serve as the Chief Registrar of Voters in the municipality.
- Serve as the Administrative Officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits.
- Serve as Coordinator and Records Manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention.
- Clerk is responsible for responding to all requests for public records.
To apply for Affordable Housing in Burlington Township you will have to submit a Preliminary Application with Triad Associates:
Contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office at 609-239-5815 for questions.
2022 Affordable Housing Annual Monitoring Report - Any comments to the Township’s annual monitoring report shall submitted to the Township’s Counsel, Jeffrey R. Surenian: JRS@Surenian.com, with a copy to David Serlin: email@example.com, and FSHC Esme Devenney : firstname.lastname@example.org
Landlord Outreach Flyer
Open Public Records Act (OPRA) Request
To request a Municipal Government Record, download and print the Open Public Records Act (OPRA) Request Form.
Complete the form and mail, email, fax, or deliver to:
Township of Burlington
851 Old York Road
Burlington, NJ 08016
Contact the Municipal Clerk’s Office at 609-239-5816 for questions.
Listing files in 'Applications'
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO LICENSE YOUR DOG ANNUALLY.
The Pet License Application is available above as a PDF.
All pet dogs that are over 6 months of age are required by New Jersey law to be licensed and vaccinated for rabies.
Code of the Township of Burlington, Chapter 122-9.C Requires owners of any dog upon the public streets or in any of the public places be accompanied by a person over the age of twelve (12) years and is securely confined and controlled by an adequate leash not more than six (6) feet long.
Code of the Township of Burlington, Chapter 122-13.A Requires owners to remove and properly dispose of dog feces deposited on public property.
Code of the Township of Burlington, Chapter 122-14 States that there shall be no more than four (4) dogs kept or maintained in or about any dwelling unit within the Township of Burlington.
Pet Waste Pollutes Our Waters (download)
All voter registration and application forms are available in the Municipal Clerk’s Office or you can download the forms listed below.
The deadline to register to vote is twenty-one (21) days before an election.
Election Dates for 2023 to remember:
Fire District Election - Saturday, February 18, 2023. Polls will be open from 2:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
Primary Election - Tuesday, June 6, 2023. Polls will be open from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
General Election - Tuesday, November 7, 2023. Polls will be open from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
Listing files in 'Voter Information'
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Municipal Housing Liaison
Mary E. Field, RMC/CMR
Senior Account Clerk